Monday, January 30, 2006

About raagas.. (eee E5!)

I realized too late that I had a penchant for Carnatic music.. by that time I had stopped learning music because we moved.. I am planning to learn at the next available chance..

I realized that the nattai ragam is just awesome.. After I had heard the song - 'Ayyangaar Veetu Azhagey' from Anniyan, Hariharan's mellifluous voice just did the trick.. When I heard it first, it sounded boring, then it appealed to me.. the 'Jagadananda Karaka' keerthana that started the song was also unbelievable. I realize that 'Maha Ganapathim' is also nattai..

I love identifying raagas. Hope I become a virtuoso (I know thats too ambitious!) in classical carnatic music.. hmm...

2 comments:

  1. me too wanting to learn some carnatic music. hope it is not too late.
    Or else, I will just marry someone who can teach me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suraj - thanks for visiting. i dont usually post a lot of stuff on music, though it is one of my passions. i was planning to hav a seperate blog for that, n ur blog is really inspiring..

    raka - awesome... its never too late to learn carnatic music :)

    ReplyDelete